Skin of Mine is an impressive tool that allows the analysis of one's skin condition (from acne to psoriasis, moles, vitiligo, and more) with nothing more than an iPhone.
To appreciate the nature of a disruptive innovation, see how this app changes the very structure of the doctor-patient relationship.
1. Call primary care doctor and schedule appointment.
2. Take time off from work etc. to see primary doc.
3. Get referral to dermatologist.
4. Call dermatologist to schedule visit.
5. Take time off from work etc. to see dermatologist.
6. Act on diagnosis and prescription.
7. Call to schedule appropriate follow up.
1. Take picture, complete a questionnaire, and submit to the expert of your choice.
2. Receive diagnosis, prescription, and therapeutic advice within 24 hours.
3. Act on diagnosis and prescription.
4. Call or use app to schedule appropriate follow up.
The app obviates two office visits and the time needed off from work.
The app is faster.
One health care provider and many staff are cut out of the loop.
The patient has a personal record of what happened.
Note: I have no connection with or support from Skin of Mine